Thursday, February 12, 2004

Assalamu Alaykum,

Everything you see has its roots in the unseen world.
The forms may change, yet the essence remains the same.
Every wonderful sight will vanish,
every sweet word will fade,
But do not be disheartened,
The source they come from is eternal, growing,
Branching out, giving new life and new joy.

Why do you weep?
The source is within you
And this whole world is springing up from it.

-Rumi

The source within us, only blossoms when we allow it the breath of clarity.

My insides turn into varying shades of opacity, from time to time.

I realize I need to work hard, to effectively brush the rusty stains of heedlessness...this lack of awarness that fundamentally encapsulates us into narrow minds, narrow lives, narrow beings.

My writing tends to reflect this sadness...a melancholy of a future I yearn to transform, and a past I can't run away from. Yet in these privileged moments of existence, I try to do neither. The illusion of too much time ahead of me, makes me lazy. The reality of knowing how little the time I actually have, paralyzes me.

In between I do my mundane living activities...wondering in the haze of classrooms, papers, and constructed spiritual existence, how I can fulfil my Divine purpose and die the beautiful death of true surrender...

In a world overflowing with useless data, and meaningless information, I swim to the empty shores of my existence and try to listen carefully to this trembling heart within. The desolate stretch of neglect petrifies me. There is a huge arid gulf, between what I know, and the reality of my existence.

The space between the two is turning more concrete...and my creative source is threatening total capitulation to the madness without.

posted by Maliha Balala
8:58 AM Monday, February 09, 2004


* I don't know who sister Maliha is, I guess she's one of sister Taherah's friends .. but subhanAllah .. her writings are beauuutifulll .. I could feel butterflies inside my stomach :)

No comments: